- Course is run on the Chief Ladiga (pronounced with a long 'i') Trail, a dedicated paved path for pedestrians and bikers.
- Scenic route through small town Alabama. The course starts in the friendly town of Piedmont at the Piedmont Sports Complex. The course does a short out and back on Sports Complex Drive and then runs along a gravel path for about .2 of a mile before turning onto the Chief Ladiga Trail. The route takes runners through the town of Piedmont, Alabama as well as through shaded woods and over streams.
- Full and half marathon participants will run along the same course. Half marathoners will complete one out-and-back. Full marathoners will turn around just past the half marathon turnaround and complete a double out-and-back on the Chief Ladiga portion of the course.
- Course layout as an out-and-back (or double out-and-back) will allow participants to see one another multiple times as well as give spectators more options to see their runners.
- Events are USATF Sanctioned and Certified